Friday, March 12, 2010

Meds...

Poor Louie has been through so many unpleasent things over the past 2 weeks, I was not looking forward to shoving a syringe in his mouth twice a day to give him his bute. While looking through my email this morning, I see a thread on the MulesOnly list about worming and ways people deal with worming the less the willing equine. Caryn D. from NJ said she worms her mules with "molassas wormer sanwiches". She takes a piece of bread and quarters it. She then slathers the bread with molassas, puts the wormer on and makes a sanwich. She says her mule love this.




Hummmmmmmm, so I am now wondering how a molassas bute sanwich would go over. So, I quarter up a slice of bread, slather the bread (and counter, and myself) with molassas, spread the bute on and make a sanwich. I then head out to the pasture.

I grabbed a couple of regular horse treats on the way. Once in the pasture, I ignore Louie and head right to my horse and make a big deal of giving her the horse treats. Louie was there in an instant, "whatch got, can I have some?". I offered him the first sanwich and he wolfed if down instantly. And the second one went down just as quick and he was looking for more. Louie and I were both happy campers.

No comments:

Post a Comment