Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Barn chores and a bored mule...

Today I went out to the barn around 1:30pm. I usually clean stalls in the morning but I got home from work early and it was still dark when I fed so I decided I would clean stall in the afternoon. And because it rained all day, the stalls were a mess. I had left everyone separated to make sure eveyone would be able to stay inside if they wanted to.

I opened the gate in the barn and let Marie and Louie together. This got them both squirreling around and running back and forth through the barn. I had to get after them as it was making it impossible to clean the stalls. Soon Marie settled down to cleaning up the hay Louie had left from the morning. Louie was still looking for some action. He kept sneaking up behind me, yes sneaking as I would not hear him coming at all, and would lay his head on my shoulder, "wanna' play?" he kept asking. He just would not leave me alone. He was not rude or pushy but just kept right there trying to play with me, the pitch fork, the wheel barrow..... silly mule.

No comments:

Post a Comment