Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Waiting

Waiting, waiting, waiting for the vet to get back to me. Sigh. Monday, Lockin' Louie was just very sore. You could see it just in the pasture. He was keeping weight off that leg and when walking around, you could see him intermittantly locking. And he did not want me touching the stifle area. Today he seemed much better. He was not favoring that leg nor did I see any locking as he walked around.

So, If I don't hear from the vet by tomorrow, I'll call again. I just need some guidance on what to do. I know I'm supposed to keep working him to strengthen his hindquarters, but just how much and how far I should push this when he is obviously uncomfortable I don't know.

On the upside, some friends and I went riding at Popham beach on Monday. I took my horse. It was a lovely day and we had a blast. My horse is feeling fabulous for an aging girl of 19. She is getting really fit now and is at a great weight and just felt.....well faboulous. It looks like right now she will be my competiton horse this year and she is certainly ready. We played musical horses at the beach so I also rode Linda's horse Gus, and Susie's horse, Cody.

1 comment: