Monday, February 1, 2010

Adjusting feed

Nothing exciting in the world of Louie. I've just been looking over the CTR and endruance ride calendar and trying to decide what rides to go to this year. So much will depend on how willing Louie is to do this sport and that's a total unknown right now. So, I also want to make sure my horse Marie is well condidioned so I can use her to compete if needed.

I've decided to add some beet pulp to Louie's diet. He is in good condition for a mule that is not working. But, I'd like to see a little more weight on him going into a season of conditioning and competition. And since I am not yet riding him that much, I don't really want to start feeding him a lot of grain. So, I'm adding the beet pulp for now and I'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment