Monday, February 8, 2010

Tack




Took some pictures of my saddle on Louie to send the the MulesOnly group to show how I rig my saddle. My cinches are all ordered from "specialty" catalogs for endurance equipment. Anything equine related seems to be inflated in price, make it a "specialty" item and it is now ridiculously expensive. But, I do love my cinches. For a front grith I use a "Center Fire Quick Cinch". Though it's made for a saddle with center fire rigging, it works fine with my mule saddle as it has 2 front cinch rings. This cinch eliminates the need for long latigo straps. I did have to put a few holes in the rear strap.
For the rear cinch, I use the biothane quick cinch. A one piece cinch that also eliminates the need for long latigo straps. With these 2 cinches, I can quickly and easily remove both cinches for cleaning and easily put them back on. Very nice when at a CTR or endurance ride. You can see in the head shot of Louie, he has his "thinking" look wondering what I am up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment