Saturday, January 15, 2011

Nice evening ride

Today some friends and I went to the NorthEast Horsemans Conference at the Augusta Civic Center. The trade show is kind of small and not too exciting but it is a fun day out with the girls. After wandering around at the trade show, we go to lunch then go up to Hemphills tack shop to see if we can spend even more money.

So, by the time I got home from my day out with the girls and fed Marie, it was about 5:30 PM when I got to the barn. I was surprised no one was around so I had the arena to myself. Louie was fairly quiet on the cross ties. But, once in the arena he just wanted to goof off big time. I lunged him first and he kept heading for the door. He has not done this before. We had to have a discussion about this and eventually he quit. When I got on him, he was fairly quiet but it seems the mule eating boogers had moved down to the opposite end of the arena this evening. Wendy (barn owner) had parked a snowmobile trailer and a snowmobile down on the boogery end of the arena and at first I thought that was what he was snorting at. But nope, he was snorting and blowing at the open door to the outside which have a pipe gate across it. That is nothing new...... sigh. At one point he almost dumped me when I was strongly encouraging him to go down near the gated door. He did a cutting horse style spin where he dropped his front end. Luckily, he didn't go anywhere after the spin and I was able to get myself back in position.

He finally did settle down though and was quite good. Boy mules..........

No comments:

Post a Comment