Saturday, January 8, 2011

Ground Driving Louie

Today I had a wonderful time Louie at the barn. I think the nicest session I've had with Louie in the arena. I was feeling lousy today and didn't head over until this evening about 5:00. (nothing wrong with me, just that time of the month.... blah!) So, I didn't feel up to riding Louie but couldn't stand a day of not seeing him. So, I thought today I'll do something totally different and ground drive him in harness. He has been ground driven a few times before but not in a long time, nearly a year.

Louie greeted me VERY eagerly today which was soooooooo nice. He came up to the barn today with no hesitation. Was very quiet on the cross ties. No on else was around so we had the barn to ourselves. When I got the harness out, Louie wiggled just a tiny bit on the cross ties as he then realized we were doing something different and he had just a moment of anxiety. But, I just took my time grooming him and took plenty of time putting the harness on and he settled right down and relaxed.

And he was wonderful in the arena and ground drove very well. In just a few minutes he got right into in and was so relaxed. I put out some cones to weave through and did a lot of walk, trot to walk transitions. He got a little silly just once at the trot, shaking his head and hopping but stopped when I corrected him and was just a good, good boy. It was a good decision to do something new today, we both needed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment