Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Tarr's Mill Ride with Susie and Diana

Today Susie came over to ride from my house. She brought her friend Diana with her who was riding Susie's horse, Dixie. We all had some time restrictions so didn't have time to trailer out anywhere to ride. We did the standard "Tarr's Mill" ride. We were going to make a longer loop but rode slow enough that we ran out of time to go any further. We had a nice ride and all the equines were good. We only had once scare when we walked Luke and the horses up the stream and I asked Luke to go out in a different spot then usual. He trusted me and hopped his front feet up on the bank and punched though as it was washed out underneath. His feet went down and he listed off sideways for a moment but he carefully extracted himself and got up on the trail safely with me still on top. It is amazing how a mule can handle a situation like that. A horse would have scrambled and plunged around in away I'm sure would have left me laying on the side of the trail. So, no harm done, Luke and I were fine thanks to him taking such good care of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment