Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Morning After........

When I went out to feed this morning, Louie was hanging out by the hay feeder and didn't come right down to the gate to greet me. He usually does but not always so this was really nothing to worry about. Nor did he come right into the barn to get his grain. This too is not unusual as he is not nearly as food motivated as Marie. None the less, I went on high alert wondering if he is ok. He looks bright and alert. When he finally decided to come in to eat, he is moving slowly and I am now all worried that he is lame. I watch like a hawk. Nope, no signs of favoring any leg but now I worry that maybe he is sore, stiff, too tired from the ride.....worry, worry, worry........ I palpate his muscles and he shows no signs of irritation which he should if he is sore. You know, tail swishing, moving away or ear pinning. Nothing.........I had to go to work so I go and worry some more.

I only worked 4 hrs. but had a bunch of errands to run after work. When I finally got home I rushed right out to check on Louie. He was hanging out in the run in shed and when he saw me came right out to the gate to say hi. He looked ok. So, I decided to let him out on the pasture to graze. I can't let my mare on grass so it took a few minutes to get her away from the gate and Louie through it. But, when I did he went NUTS! He ran, and bucked, and jumped and ran and farted and did the big moose trot and ran a bit more.

HA! Poor tired sore mule my a$$ (pun intended)............... I have GOT to stop worrying about him so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment