Friday, April 9, 2010

Training the bow day 2


Well, I spent some time last night watching more videos on trick training and thinking over the results of my first training session and decided to try a new approach with my horse. After all, I am a believer that a poor training result is the fault of a poor trainer or training technique. Things went MUCH BETTER!!! No saddles, and no ropes. I just worked with Marie at liberty. She was much more relaxed and I finally got her engaged and willing to try and she did real well.



Louie did great again. I worked with him at liberty also. Louie remembered yesterday's lesson and immediately started picking up his leg when cued. He just wasn't sure what to do with it. But, I was easily able to get him to bow down and once he went down on both knees and scared himself a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment