Sunday, May 29, 2016

Three Great Rides

Thursday, May 26th,
 Kathie and Bonnie came over and rode with me from my house. We did the Tarr's Mill loop, crossed Lewis Hill and came home by way of Starbird Corner, and Dead River. It was a really nice day and the bugs weren't bad at all. I didn't bring my camera or phone so didn't get any photos.

Saturday, May 28th.
Linda picked me up and we went over to Triple J Farm to ride the Cody loop trail with Kathie and Bonnie. It was VERY hot today and super humid. We were in the woods for most all of the ride and we rode slow so it was not too bad. The bonus was there were really no bugs. We had a good time despite the heat. I had planned a birthday party for my mother and granddaughter for that afternoon. When I got home from riding, my parents were just leaving. My mom was taking my dad to the hospital. Dad had been very dizzy all day along with nausea and high blood pressure. Dad was going to help me prepare a spaghetti dinner for the party! Yikes, I was now on my own!!! Now, spaghetti is not hard to cook but I don't do much cooking and I was in an unfamiliar kitchen. The party was planned for 6 pm. Everyone ended up running late and that worked fine as everyone arrived about the time mom and dad got home. Dad was fine, he was just having a bout of vertigo. He's never had that before so it gave mom a scare and why she wanted to have him checked out. I managed to get the meal ready. A salad, spaghetti and meatballs in dads homemade sauce I managed to fine in the freezer, and garlic bread. Meghan made a fabulous chocolate cake and the party was a success.

Sunday, May 29th.
Today was a much nicer day. Cool, breezy and no humidity. Joanie and Nancy came over to ride with me. We rode the Adams Rd. Loop and had a great ride.




No comments:

Post a Comment