Saturday, May 21, 2016

On Our Own

I decided to ride out on my own later this afternoon. The weather had been a bit iffy, looking like it might rain but it didn't so Marie and I headed out. We went up Ledge Hill Rd. and at the corner went straight ahead on a trail that is not really used any longer. I didn't know if we would be able to get through. The blackflies and mosquitoes were absolutely horrible! At times it looked like Marie was wearing a blanket of mosquitoes, UGH! We came to a wet spot on the old trail that I just did not want to try to cross while I was out alone. It was here that I had my exciting wild life sighting.....


I had dismounted to test the wet spot on foot and Marie took the opportunity to grab something to eat. She never misses an opportunity. I turned around and rode back to the corner then took the trail that goes by Michaline's garden and the trail that come out across from the Letourneau's on Dead River Rd. and rode home down Dead River. Marie was wonderful as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment