Sunday, May 8, 2016

Marie is Back!!

Now that Lily is settled in with our neighbor in Southern Illinois, I have brought Marie back to Maine to stay with me until I head down to Illinois next June. She has been with my friend Leesa for a while and I have missed her so much, though I knew she was in good care.




My friend Bonnie offered to pick Marie up for me since I am truckless at the moment. We headed down to get her and the trip was thankfully uneventful. It was a bit of a drizzly day but Marie brought to my parents house safe and sound. I had the fencing all up. And enough hay to get by though I've had to move the hay in my Ford Focus. 2 bales at a time.... in bale bags so there would be no mess in the car..... Marie did quite a bit of calling and was a bit unsettled though not bad. She didn't let it disturb her eating time. The next morning Marie was still calling quite a bit so I jumped on her bareback and rode her by my old place, which is right next door to my parents. She knows where she is and I figured she was wondering if any of her buddies were at the old farm. When we got to the edge of the pasture, she looked and looked and once she realized no horse buddies were there, she was fine and didn't do any more calling.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment