Thursday, January 16, 2014

It's Done

Today was another hard day. Luke's body was removed from my farm. Though as thoroughly unpleasant as today was, it was still better than yesterday. Because today I didn't have to watch Luke suffer, that part is all over for him. Life will go on and time will ease the pain. But today I'm going to cry just a little bit more. And truly I am thankful that it was not a parent, sibling, child or my husband. I know I have to put things in perspective. I also know that anyone that has brought an animal into their lives and opened up their hearts to them will understand the grief associated with the loss. Today, just as I thought I was doing ok, it would come upon me so suddenly that it would stop me in my tracks and just take my breath away, and I would cry a little more.

I am truly blessed with the friends I have. Susie and Linda came and picked up Brooke and me and took us out to lunch. We have all been though it and so we laughed and we cried over Luke, and Mac, and Adam and Tessa and all the pets that have passed through our lives and made our lives better because of it. Luke and I did so many things in the relatively short time he was with me. So many treasured memories that I know with some time will push all the pain away. My only regret is the pain and sadness this has caused his owners.

This morning I saw a post on facebook that touched me,

        I will remember you long after your footprints have faded from this earth,
        Because they are forever imprinted on my heart. 


So right now, I'll cry a little more.......

No comments:

Post a Comment