Friday, November 30, 2012

Happy Surprise

Susie and I decided to ride today. I was going to be cold but we just had to get out. There was a bit of discussion on where to ride. We didn't want to go where there would be water to cross as it is all starting to freeze now. And when I rode the other day at Upper Pond Stable, the frozen grassy trails were slippery for Luke who still have regular shoes on. We decided on West Bowdoin. But then at the last minute I thought of riding in Topsham. I have not been there in a long time but remember the trails as being quite sandy. Susie thought it was a good idea so I picked her up and that is where we went.

Luke was a bit keyed up as I was tacking him up. But, stood like a good boy for me to mount. We headed down Murder Rd. and Luke was walking out like he was on a mission making poor Bayzen trot to keep up. Not far down the road, a truck came up behind us and stopped. We turned and looked and to our delight it was Andrea, who bought Louie from me. We invited her to ride with us and she was able to for a little while. So, we rode down to her place and she was quickly saddled up and ready to go. It was great to see Louie. He looks great. He and Luke were very excited to see each other.

Andrea and Louie quickly took the lead and led us around on some trails that were new to Susie and I. Andrea was only able to ride with us for about an hour. We dropped her off at her house then Susie and I went back out and rode another loop for another hour or so. By the time we got back to the trailer, we both had chilly toes but it was such a nice ride it was WELL worth the chilly toes!

Now, to get ready for the Bowdoinham Festival Christmas Pony Parade tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment