Saturday, February 4, 2012

Ellie Mae at Upper Pond!

Yesterday was mule moving day. I hauled Tracy's mule Prize back to her house and brought her other mule, Ellie Mae to Upper Pond Stable. The haul went with no problem. Both mules loaded and trailered well. When we got to Upper Pond, we put Ellie Mae in the paddock between my two and MaryJo's horses. When Tracy led Ellie Mae into her paddock, there was Easter goat laying on the hay pile happily munching away. When Ellie Mae spotted Easter, it gave her quite the scare so I chased Easter out into her own paddock. Ellie Mae was fine then and didn't seem to have any further concern about the goat. She settled right in and quietly started munching hay. All the other equines were very interested in her but there was no big fuss from anyone.

What a sweet mule Ellie Mae is. She is a love bug just like Louie. She has been the first at the gate to greet me each night. I thoughts he might not like being stalled at night but so far she has made no fuss about this at all. She is a very pretty mule. Here is a picture of here from last summer. Doesn't show much of her but it's the only picture I have handy at the moment. Ellie Mae did belong to a woman that I know through the MulesOnly  Internet list I belong. This woman lived in Sedgewick, ME. A little over a year ago, I was contacted by this mule's owner, Pam and asked if I would be interested in taking Ellie Mae. Pam had been battling cancer for years and felt she didn't have much time left and she was very anxious to find a good home for Ellie Mae.  I simply could not take on another equine as much as I wanted to but a friend of mine decided to take her. Within a week of picking up Ellie Mae, Pam passed away. It didn't quite work out with my friend and Ellie Mae so this past spring Tracy took her. Ellie Mae and Tracy bonded quickly and Ellie Mae settled in with her and her herd very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment