Thursday, December 30, 2010

I Considered Riding......

Today when I went over to the barn there was a lot going on. Every thing was very well plowed out after our blizzard which I was pleased to see, and the horses were all out. Wendy told me that Louie was NOT happy about being in the previous day. Poor boy, he survived it. Guess you can't explain to them about it being a blizzard outside and it being best to stay in for one day.

I went down and got Louie. He led up to the barn like a good boy. Once in the barn he was all bug eyed and snorty at all the activity. I put him on the cross ties and he was not too happy. He wiggled around and pawed if I got out of sight for a second. And he pooped a hundred times I think! I brushed him and saddled him up. Taking my time and letting him settled down on the cross tied. The big outside arena doors were open and Louie eyeballed them pretty hard when we went in. I decided not to ride but just to lounge him once again as he was very distracted. It took a bit to finally get his attention and get him focused on working but he did finally settle in and was a good boy.

1 comment:

  1. What I love about your stories is that I can put myself in your place. I really love reading your blog, Cindy!

    ReplyDelete