Sunday, August 1, 2010

Was going to ride...

Bonnie and I were going to go riding today. It would be the first time since I fell off him over 6 weeks ago. Bonnie came over and I got Louie and saddled him up. But, as soon as I mounted he was extremely nervous. Then I was extremely nervous, then he was more nervous.....and so on. I told Bonnie I didn't feel comfortable going out on the trail with him and me feeling like that and I dismounted.

I really think I scared him when I came off him. He was not at all trying to throw me and I am sure he does not understand what happened. He had previously been worried about a rider doing strange things from the saddle and I think the day of my fall, with all my flopping around, grabbing reins then coming off has confirmed there is something to worry about in his mind.

Anyway, I took him back into the paddock and lounged him a bit, then mounted back up. He was more relaxed but a bit reluctant to move which is not normal. I did't push it much. Just a few laps around the paddock then I put him away. I am going to have to go back and start over with some ground work for both his and my confidence. Poor Louie, it is not his fault at all and I have let this whole thing play with my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment