Wednesday, August 25, 2010

More Round Pen Work

Today I was supposed to ride with Tracy from Dresden. I was going to meet her over at the Lorax property in Pittston. I'd been having a bit of trouble with my truck so I told her I'd try starting it when I got home from work and would email her if it was ok. When I got home, the truck started right up no problem. So, I emailed her to let her know all was well. I fed and did my chores, then went in and had some breakfast. Soon it was time to go so I headed out, and before loading Louie, I tried starting the truck again. DEAD!! Nothing but some clicking. AGH!!! So, I called and left a message with Tracy. When she called me back, it was starting to get late for me to go riding and we decided to reschedule our ride for Friday.

So, I went out and did some round pen work with Louie. He was a pretty good boy today. He got a little fresh at one point. But, that was because I had not put my horse in another paddock and he was trying to stop and hang out with her. I had to move Marie out and then he was much more attentive to me. We just did some transitions and direction changes. I got on and rode him around the paddock just a little bit. Just working on walking forward, whoa, back and some sidepassing.

No comments:

Post a Comment