Friday, April 3, 2020

Mushroom Hunting

Today I was riding with Loretta and a new woman, Anne, that Loretta's husband had met while doing his forestry work. Anne works in forestry. She had told Terry she liked mule, horses and riding. So he had been anxious to introduce us all. Ann rode Loretta's horse Lady. I was a little late getting around this morning, a bit of confusion on what time I was meeting them. They were ready to ride well before I would have gotten over to Double M so I told them to just ride towards my house and I'd meet them at Black's Cabin. When I got up to the cabin, Sally's horse were all up there in the field. There were two family riding together that had 4 or 5 young children with them. All the kids were out in the field with Sally's horses with no adult with them. Sally's horses are all good gentle horses but that just scared me to death watching all those little kids running around those horses like that.

I met up with Loretta and Anne just past the cabin. We turned back towards my house and decided to ride through Thacker Hollow and up along 185 the High Country Trail. The wildflowers in the hollows are just stunning right now. We stopped for lunch at No Name tie up. Then we rode over towards Mushroom Rock to a spot where Loretta had found a couple mushrooms a few days ago. and we did indeed find some mushrooms there. The first time I've found ever found them. I was quite excited. Ann promised she would cook them for us that evening. From there we rode over to another spot near High Knob that Loretta knows mushrooms have been found. We could tell others had already been there but we still managed to find a few more. Enough to be worth cooking.

We rode I think 14 or 15 miles. When we got back, Anne did indeed cook the mushrooms for us and she is a good cook. They were delicious! We both really enjoyed riding with Anne, she was a lot of fun to have along.












No comments:

Post a Comment