Sunday, July 15, 2018

Just a Quick One

It was very hot and humid today. I dragged myself out to do some yard work, when I came in around 1:00 or so, I saw there was a message on my phone from Sally inviting me to go riding with her at 11:00. Well, too late for that. I messaged her back and said I would have gone if I'd seen the message in time but did jokingly say that she had 3 other horses to exercise. And she said she would go out again on another horse. I was surprised as it was so hot. But, I figured if she did the first ride and was willing to go out again, I was game. I got Lily saddled up and we headed out. We didn't do a long ride. I'm guessing only 5 or 6 miles. And though it was surprisingly cooler in the forest, it was still hot and humid. It didn't slow down Sally's mare Dancer though. She has one speed...... fast! Lily was a bit silly going down hills today. First time she's been like this since I started using a britchen. Possibly because Sally and Dancer were going down the hills fast and Lily was falling behind... I'm not sure. But, overall she was still a good girl and we had a nice ride. I didn't get any pictures today.

No comments:

Post a Comment