Monday, June 29, 2015

West Bowdoin

After it poured rain all day yesterday, I was happy that today was a lovely day. It was cool but that was good as the bugs weren't an issue. The original plan was to meet my friend Amy at Frye Mt. she ended up needing to stay close to home so Cierra and I decided to go over to West Bowdoin. 

Nell hesitated for just a second about loading into the trailer today. But, only for a second. She backed out nicely when we parked and she stood nicely tied to the trailer while I groomed and saddled her. She got quite excited when we got ready to go. She didn't seem nervous, just excited to get going. She had a hard time standing still to be mounted. A little patience and I got her settled down. Once she stood, she stood perfect. Nell was a bit excited when we started out but didn't do anything wrong and listened to me. I tucked her behind Cierra's Tinkerbell to settle her down. It didn't take long for her to settle.

The trails in West Bowdoin for the most part are nice trails with good footing. You can travel along pretty fast. I'm not ready to get to crazy on Nell yet and with yesterday's rain, the trails were wet. We did do a lot of trotting, the most I've done yet with Nell. She did great. Cierra was in front for most of the trotting and Tinkerbell set a nice steady pace that Nell followed nicely. We had to stop once for Cierra to get a rock out of one of Tinkerbell's boots. We had to go through a lot of water today but neither Nell or Tinkerbell made any fuss about any of it. We had a really nice ride!



No comments:

Post a Comment