Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Playing with some jumps at Upper Pond

I took Luke over to Upper Pond Stable today. There were quite a few people around. Cierra had just finished riding, darn it! My favorite pony Letty, was being used for lesson for some kids. She's a Fell pony and just such an awesome girl. My friend Maura and her daughter Meri were also there. They were trying out a western saddle to see how it fit them and their horse. I lunged Luke just a little bit and then mounted up.
While Meri was riding, Maura set up a jump for me to play around with. Everyone wanted to see the mule jump and since Luke was formally used an eventer so I know he can jump. I just had Maura set up a small cross rail at first then a low straight bar. Luke was wonderful about it. The only time he had trouble was when he decided he had to poop just as we got to the jump. Apparently mule can not poop and jump at the same time. We plowed the jump down that time. It was funny! Luke is such a good boy.


Picture is blurry but shows his good approach

Luke doing a good jump.




Luke proving he can't poop and jump at the same time! It was too funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment