Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A Dark Shine


A Dark Shine

I glanced down, for suddenly, there in my eye
I caught a dark shine and it's this I did spy
A hair from sweet Luke, in my vest, it was captured
In the space of a heartbeat, suddenly time, it was fractured
I'm transported back to morning when we two ventured out
As we trotted and cantered and climbed all about
I felt the sun and the wind and the chill of the morning
Then the warmth of the work and the sweat it was forming
The peace and the pleasure that flows from Luke mule
It's more than can be measured, he's truly a jewel

                                                    Cynthia L. Ross



2 comments:

  1. And I thought you didn't like poetry? ;-) You certainly have a way with words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete