Saturday, September 29, 2012

Ouch!


Poor Luke! This is what I was greeted with when I got home from work on Thursday morning (1:00am) This is what happens when you stick your nose in places it doesn't belong! After looking him over I went back to the house to get my camera and a pair of pliers. After having him pose for a few pictures, I carefully slipped his halter on and prayed he would let me remove the quills. I would not be able to wrestle the quills out of an unwilling 1300 lb, 16 + H mule. Bless his mulie heart, he was such a good boy about it. He jumped and snorked at me when I pulled the first quill as it caught him by surprise. After a short little dance, he faced himself into a corner, lowered his head and just stood quietly. He flinched and blew with each quill I pulled but he stood and gave his head back to me each time. Sweet, sweet trusting boy!


2 comments:

  1. This would so happen to Ozzy if we had porcupines down here...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously, I am way behind on blog reading. OUCH. I have yet to deal with porcupine quills on any animal and dread the day...

    Good Luke!

    ReplyDelete