Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Frye Mt. Ride

My friend Tracy invited me to go riding with her and her husband at Frye Mt. Their plan was to ride Sunday but I had to work. However, I did have Monday off so they changed their plan to go Monday. Eric decided not to go so Tracy came over and picked me and Luke up at 8:00 am. It is a little over an hour drive to Frye Mt. 



It was a lovely day. Sunny, cool  and breezy. Perfect riding weather. We tacked up and headed out by 9:45-10:00 am. As we were riding down the main gravel road, with me yakking away (if you can imagine that......) I started to wonder if Tracy had a plan for where we were going. Well, Tracy had never been here before. Ooooops, and I had not been paying attention. It has been 3 years since I've been here and I've only been here 3 or 4 times. Tracy had brought her GPS but not soon after she turned it on, the batteries died. So much for that idea! We turned back and rode a just a short way looking for a trail that I though I would recognize if I saw it. But, I decided not to tack back too far so we turned and continued down the main gravel road. We took one trail off to the left and it took us into a corn field. We didn't know if there was anywhere to go from there so we went back to the main gravel road and went to the end of this. We then went right following the snowmobile trail. This trail winds down a hill with a LOT of bridges. Luke had no issues with going over them but Ellie Mae was not happy about how they looked. They were slatted so you could see down through. Ellie Mae didn't put up too much fuss though. We finally came to a bridge that I didn't think looked safe to cross and there was no way around it that looked safe either so we turned around and went back. We poked down a few other short side trails then just did the loop on the gravel roads where you turn by the little cemetery. I wish I'd found the first trail I was looking for, there is so much more fun riding that Tracy didn't get to do. But that's ok, it's a good excuse now to come back again soon! 





When we got back to the parking area, we jumped the mules down the little stone wall....... because it was there.......... The mules agreed to amuse us. Such good mules! 







No comments:

Post a Comment