Thursday, August 9, 2012

Androscoggin River Lands Park

Yet another great ride today. I had to work this afternoon so we had to strike out early so I could get back in time to go to work. This turned out to be a good thing anyway as it was hot and humid today so early was better for everyone. Barbara came to ride Marie. I think Luke has been traumatized by the five straight days of riding in Acadia as he ran when he saw me coming with his halter....   :-(  He didn't make much of a fuss though. Joanie came to my house and followed me over to the Park. We were on the trail by 9:15 am. We moved right along as quick as we could because the deer fly were bad. Mostly for the lead rider so we rotated who was in the lead so we could all get a break for short spells. Luke did great with the heat, bugs and speed though he did buck once.......Ok, "buck" might be a bit of an exaggeration..... I felt him twitching in the back end. I turned around to look and there was a HUGE horse fly right on the top of his butt! And it was at that moment that he hopped up and kicked out with his back end. His front feet never left the ground so I won't call it a true buck and I couldn't blame him. Riding with good friends make dealing with the bugs tolerable and it really was a great ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment