Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Louie the Escape Artist

 This morning I was relaxing in my recliner enjoying a cup of coffee when I hear a big deep belly snort......you know, the equine kind.......right outside my window.......this should not be........
I jumped up, looked out the window and sure enough there is Louie mule having a grand old time galloping all over my yard! Naughty mule. So, I get coat and shoes and head out to catch him. He galloped back into his paddock, then back out, then down onto the river side pasture and all over there while I was walking out. When I got to the pasture though, he stopped and let me catch him with no fuss. Silly boy. Smart boy, he managed to open his gate, again! Once I can put down to an accident. Twice and I have to assume he's learned how to work the latch. So, a safety chain has been added to it now. Marie was very upset that she was not in on the fun.

It was a real nice day today. Fred and I did not have to work last night so we had the day to work on the barn. Well, Fred did most of the work as usual and I took pictures. Not really, I DID do some work too. 


1 comment:

  1. That's so funny. I had a horse that could open gates. When we gave him to his new home, my husband warned his new owners. They didn't believe him because they didn't secure his stall with a chain... and woke up to find him wandering. They became believers! ;)

    ReplyDelete