Wednesday, September 15, 2010

2nd lesson with Louie

I had my second riding lesson with Louie today. I had to borrow my friend Bonnie's trailer to haul him as my trailer is being serviced. Louie loaded ok for the trip over to Gray's Equestrain Training. He was pretty quiet while being tacked up and when we got in the arena. I lounged him for just a few minutes and he was quite relaxed. He actually dropped a solid mule poo instead of water so I really knew he was relaxed. And he stood perfectly when I mounted him. I too was much more relaxed today. We walked and trotted and Wendy didn't have to pick on us half so much today. I mostly had to work on regulating Louie's speed at the trot. He speeds up and slows down if you don't pay attention. Then Wendy asked me to canter him. We didn't manage this. I was a bit nervous and Louie was not at all inclined to canter. He just did a good fast trot. Wendy asked me if he could canter. Well yes, I told her, he was doing a fabulous canter when the day I fell off him! Louie is definitely reluctant to canter now nor is he even sure what I am asking him in the ring. I don't think he's done much ring work. And I didn't want to puch too much or too hard. Not just coming back from a soft tissue injury. He is doing great and looking great. I don't want to take any chances with him. So, we ended the lesson by just riding down the riding center's very long driveway. Louie was NOT a good boy about loading into the trailer for the trip home. He was VERY determined not to get in the trailer. Wendy ended up coming out to help me load him. Guess we have some work to do with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment