Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Good mule

This past weekend was my first competitive trail ride of the season. It was supposed to be Louie's first ride. Sigh.....

Anyway, Bonnie and I both went to this ride so Louie was left home alone for the weekend with my husband in charge of taking care of him. I had left the grain measured out in pails but had forgotten to tell my husband he'd have to soak beet pulp for Louie for each feeding. I called him Friday night. I asked how Louie was doing. Fred said he was just fine and he'd let him out on the big pasture (big being relative when talking about my pastures) I nearly had a heart attack when he told me that. First because Louie has not been out on pasture this year. He has been confined to a smaller dry lot as he's been healing. Before I could even say anything though, Fred said he knew not to put him out for long. PHEW!!! I asked if he was hard to get back in from the pasture. Fred said no, he'd come right back down at feeding time. What also scared me was that the pasture was fenced with 2 strand electric wire that is NOT electrified. Fred said Louie had not bothered the fencing at all. Once again, PHEW. What a good mule. He is sooooo good about being left alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment