Friday, November 13, 2009

Louie has arrived


11/13/09
Louie arrived today. Kathy Lawless delivered him. She said he traveled very well. He is cute. Kind of small but I already knew that. It was exciting to finally see and meet him as I was crazy enough to buy this little brown mule sight unseen simply on the recommendation of a friend, who also had not seen the mule. Yep, crazy, I know. We turned Louie and my boarders mule River out together in the front paddock as they had already gotten to know one another on the trip. I put my horse Marie and Ruby out in the back paddock and left my boarder's loaner mule Rooster in the river paddock. Everyone was very stirred up. Bonnie, Kathy and I hung out in the pasture and just talked for a while and watched the animals to make sure everyone was going to be ok. I called Don, the man I bought Louie from, while we were watching the mules and horse to let him know that Louie had arrived safe and sound. Louie came up to me several times to say hello. He seems very friendly. When I went out to feed later, I just put grain in the hay rack and let Louie and River share. While I was out there, River approached me, sniffed at the garden cart, then jumped, spun and kicked me pretty hard in the upper thigh!!! Lucky he got me on the meaty part of the leg and didn’t do any damage! Rotten mule.

No comments:

Post a Comment