Saturday, September 30, 2017

Sandy at Double M

My friend Sandy is camping at Double M Campground this weekend so invited me to ride with her and her friends. I was thrilled to be invited to join them. Since Double M Campground is less that 1 1/2 miles from the barn, I decided to walk Lily there. She was a bit excited this morning an a little bit snorty and I haven't yet ridden her from the barn alone, so I led her. And though she was a bit snorty, she behaved well and was very well behaved on the lead line. When I got to camp, the group was not ready to ride yet so I put her on the high line. She was a little impatient but not bad either. Lily was a bit excited when we started out but settled in quickly. We rode out towards Pounds Hollow and took the trail out to Karber's Ridge. From there we headed to Initial Tree and on to Circle Rock. It was a lovely day and Lily was a good girl all day. At Circle Rock I asked Lily to put her front feet up on a rock that she had been reluctant to step up on before. There were a lot of people there and I realized if she refused I'd look like an idiot. But, looking like an idiot has never stopped me before so I asked. It took Lily a while but she finally did step up for me. We rode 12.31 miles today








No comments:

Post a Comment