Sunday, September 17, 2017

Lily's First Ground Drivng Lesson

Today Lily got her first ground driving lesson. Though that was not the plan to start with. I've been thinking of getting a set of britchen for Lily. I don't need britchen to keep her saddle back, a crupper has worked just fine for that but I kind of like the look of britchen. She's never worn britchen so I thought I'd take my harness over and put it on her to see how she reacted to it on her. So, I dug my harness out and over to the barn I went. She had no reaction at all to me putting the harness on her. She just seemed to enjoy getting attention. She was so quiet about it in fact, that I decided to go ahead and put on the driving bridle. She's never worn a snaffle bit or blinders. Again, she had no reaction at all. So, I figured why not go ahead and see if I could ground drive her. I hesitated over this and wasn't sure about trying this in an open area but decided to go ahead and try driving her around in the area between the house and the barn. Well, there was nothing to worry about, though she wasn't sure about the steering at first, she did not get worried and quickly figured out what I wanted and did a great job. This mule has such a good head o



n her shoulders!

No comments:

Post a Comment