Monday, August 15, 2016

West Gardiner


Linda called me and invited me to go riding with her. She had asked Bonnie, Kathie, Diane and Lori also. Everyone else was busy so Linda was stuck with just me. She was kind enough to pick me up and it was a work day for me so we had a limited amount of time to ride. I put Marie's boot on and saddled her up before Linda came and met her at the vacant lot near my old house so we could quickly be on our way. We went to West Gardiner to ride. I haven't ridden there in 20 years back when I belonged to the Maine Trail Riders and Marie was just 4 or 5 years old. So, I don't remember the trails at all and they have changed also. We parked at the fire station and from there the trails are very close. The trails wind around quite a bit and were very nice. We did a some trotting where we could. Marie was thrilled to see another horse. There were deer fly pestering us but not a horrible amount. It was a really lovely day. I didn't bring my phone or camera so got no pictures. It was a fairly short ride of 5.36 miles and only 1 hr. and 45 min. But, it was great to get out and ride with Linda.




No comments:

Post a Comment