Sunday, March 20, 2016

Passing of Time

It's so strange how time can seem to be crawling slowly along at a snails pace and flashing by you like a run away freight train all at once. It feels like it is going to be forever before I am in the place that I want to be and with the one I want to be with. My life is fractured and the ones that I love and the things that I treasure are scattered about in so many places. I desperately want to pull them all back together and hold them all close. If someone told me, just over a year ago, I'd be where I am today, I would have shaken my head, laughed and not given it another thought. It's hard to believe how my life has changed in just one years. The place that I called home for 28 years, that we built with our own hands, now belongs to someone else. I find it strange how little I miss it, I guess I was ready for a change. And for now I must live 1,300 miles from my new home working toward that long awaited prize from the company I've given so many years to...... retirement.... so close, yet so far. This is one time in my life I wish I was just a little older. But neither do I want to wish my life away. Again, time. So close and so far, so fast and so slow all at once.

So I try to find and appreciate the good things of this time. And there are good things. Living alone hasn't been so difficult in and of itself as I've always been the independent type. And I've found delight in unexpected things. Things I never had to do before and always thought I didn't want to. Simple things like cooking and grocery shopping. I love taking the dogs out for sunset walks. And conversations with my loved one is indeed all the sweeter for missing him. So, I will try to savor the good things and not dwell on the things that are hard. After all, I have no reason for complaint. A plan was made and this was part of the plan. Everything fell into place so easily, I have to think there is a reason. Just a little longer, and I'll be in my new home on the edge of the enchanted forest.


No comments:

Post a Comment