Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Good Ride at Last



I finally got out for a nice ride today. It was a lovely day! I've only ridden Lily one other time since December. She was very good that day under saddle but I have to admit she was a pain in the butt being saddled and she has been quite a handful to deal with on the ground since I've moved her. She is thankfully seeming to settle down now and has been so much better the past few weeks. A friend and I went out today and Lily was good about everything. She was very good being saddled and stood nicely to be mounted. And she was a good as gold the whole ride. She was feeling good and was a bit playful but was soft and responsive and did everything I asked her. We rode alot of dirt roads and did some nice long stretches of trotting. And Lily even led the way over the bridge. She was a bit concerned about the large boulders along side the road before the bridge, but didn't hesitate about the bridge. 

I just had to throw in a picture of my dog Zephyr taking a quick rest break while out walking the other day. He's 16 years old this year and still loves to get out for a walk though I have to make sure not to overdo it.


No comments:

Post a Comment