Saturday, July 11, 2015

Just a Jaunt Out Back

I haven't really had time to do much with Lily all week. Cierra jumped on her bareback one day to see how Lily would react to someone on her bareback. Lily didn't care at all. Even when Cierra didn't make it all the way on and had to wiggle and squirm a bit. Lily stood quietly. Lily only had a halter and lead rope on and Cierra only rode her a few circuits around the front paddock. At first Lily tried to follow me but it didn't take much to get her going without me. At one point Cierra was rubbing Lily's withers and Lily was LOVING it and tried to groom me in return but a bit too vigorously so we had to discourage that.

Today I wanted to get Lily out because we are going to an organized ride tomorrow. I wanted to make sure Lily wasn't feeling too fresh when we got there. Cierra decided to ride Marie as Marie was not going to the ride tomorrow. Cierra just jumped on her bareback. It took the usual minute or so to get Lily to stand quietly at the mounting block but she did. Today she started out nice and quiet. We did a 4.5 mile loop out behind my house. It was a warm day but the bugs were not  bad at all. We were pleasantly surprised by that. Nell was a doll and we had a great ride. When we got back we hosed them both off and Lily had fun rolling in the dirt after!





No comments:

Post a Comment