Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Lily Pads and Deer Fly


 My friend Joanie came over to ride today. I haven't ridden with her for far too long! Cierra also came to ride with us. We rode from my house. It was hot and very humid today. Not as bad as yesterday but still bad enough. I free lunged Lily and Marie before we rode as she tends to be a little excited when we first start out. I took Lily out and tied her to my trailer to tack up. Cierra was in the barn. When Joanie arrived she was parked in the front yard. Lily was quite on the trailer even though she was alone and there were horses around the yard. Lily was pretty good about standing at the mounting block today. I did have to line her up a few times but it didn't take long at all. Maybe the lunging helped. We did the Adams Rd. loop. It was a very nice ride but the deer fly were pretty bad. We did quite a bit of trotting and a little cantering. Lily was great. She was a little playful a few times and doesn't know all the rules yet so she hopped and launched into a few canters but nothing serious and listened to me when I told her to behave and I was easily able to ride her though her antics. Ahhhh, the joys of riding a very green equine. I had Joanie take a picture of Lily and I by a little pond that was full of blooming lily pads. They were so pretty. Unfortunately, you can't really see them in the pictures.




No comments:

Post a Comment