Saturday, May 30, 2015

Beautiful Miss Meneely and a Fun Ride

I finally got the time to go up to Amy's house so I could meet her beautiful new molly mule foal, Meneely Grace! She also invited me and Cierra to ride with her and some other friends. My truck and trailer are out of commission at the moment so Cierra and I could not take Marie and Tinkerbell up with us. But, Amy generously offered to let us ride some of her horses so we happily accepted the offer
 
Cierra's high school graduation was Friday evening so we were both up late and then had to be up early to get to Amy's by 9:00 am. We did our best but due to doing a quick cleaning of the barn before we left, we got there about 9:30. Amy offered to let me ride her mule, Annabelle. And Cierra would ride her Morgan mare Amanda. I decided to ride her Appy mare Weezie instead. After all, I hate to get between a woman and her mule. Judy McPheters, Carole Norton and another woman, Jennifer Diehl, who I'd never met before. Cierra and I had to take a few minutes to meet and play with little Meneely first. She is such a beautiful little mule and so full of personality. I had brought my own saddle so then quickly saddled Weezie up. Cierra rode Amanda with just a bareback pad. A few in the group had some time restrictions so we rode right from Amy's house and went around all the hay fields. All the horses were good. Weezie and Amanda wanted to move out and both did a bit of prancing but were good and we had a lot of fun and mostly kept the pace down to a walk. When we got back to Amy's, she went with Cierra out to one of the field to let Cierra take Amanda for a quick gallop. We had to play with Meneely just a little more before we left. It was a fun day
 
 




















No comments:

Post a Comment