Friday, February 6, 2015

Riding in Deep Snow


We had yet another snow storm and I was out snow blowing the driveway when Cierra and Pam came to do the afternoon chores. I was just finishing up so went out to help them, with a plan in mind ..... I asked Cierra if she wanted to try taking a trail ride. I didn't know how it would be with the snow being so deep. But, Cierra is always up for a challenge so with Pam's help, we quickly did most of the chores and while we were saddling up, Pam shoveled out the gate to the pasture so we could get to the trails. It was very cold today and windy. But, I happened to have the day off, and though the snow is deep, it's very powdery so we just had to go for it. Marie and I led off across the field but once into the woods, Tinkerbell took the lead and plowed bravely though the deep snow. Because it is so powdery, it really was not bad. It was deep enough in many places that we our feet were dragging in the snow. The horses really didn't seem to mind being out and it was so beautiful in the woods. It was getting close to sunset and the sky was such a pretty pick though the trees. I wish I'd gotten a picture that showed it. When we got back, I dared Cierra to stand up on her horse and jump into the snow. And she did!! Snow jumping Though we didn't ride far today, we had so much fun and we for sure have two of the best mares ever to put up with us. 











No comments:

Post a Comment