Friday, August 29, 2014

The Horse Eating Bridge

Today's plan had been for me to take Cierra to Wild Child Farm and we were both going to take a jumping lesson. Well, my truck spoiled that plan by having the gas line go so it was in the garage. It was an absolutely lovely day so Cierra and I decided to go for a trail ride. I decided we'd take the trail that comes out on the Huff's Mill Rd where the metal grate bridge is so we put boot on our horses as some of that trail is quite rocky. I only had to put on back boots as Marie has front shoes. The deer fly are really dying down now so the riding is getting to be very enjoyable.

Cierra and I were curious on how Tinkerbell would handle crossing the metal grate bridge. It is scary to most all horses as they can see down through it. Marie's been over it many times and is good about it. when we got there, Marie went right on across. Tink really wanted to follow but couldn't quite get up the courage to do it. Cierra did get out and led her across. It only took a minute for Tink to decide to trust Cierra and go. Tink didn't like it and did some quick stepping but she kept her head and didn't scramble. She's such a good horse! I wish I'd brought my camera but had forgotten it. The picture below of the bridge I took on a previous ride. Unfortunately, we had each lost one hoof boot. Hopefully, we will be able to find them when we ride that trail again.


After the ride I decided to let Tinkerbell out in the river side pasture. It was her first time out there so I did grab my camera in case she did any photo worthy antics at being in a new pasture. Well of course since I had the camera, she didn't do anything. But, she's such a pretty horse she's always worth taking pictures of. And you can see the opinion she had about letting Cierra put her fly mask on in the last two picture. 




No comments:

Post a Comment