Tuesday, May 6, 2014

The Scary Stone Cow!

Today I went over to Dresden to ride with my friend Tracy. It really was Marie's turn to be ridden but I'm quickly becoming addicted to riding Buckshot and in the end I could not resist taking him. He loaded right up like a good boy and off we went. Once at Tracy's house, I tied Buckshot to her shed and he behaved very well. Tracy was riding her mare, Fanny.

At the end of Tracy's road, we passed a pasture that had 3 mini donkeys on it. When Buckshot saw a mini donk at the Christmas parade, he was quite concerned and nervous about it so I wondered what he would do here. He did watch them but he didn't seem overly concerned. Later in the ride we passed some cows that he never so much as glanced at. But, just past the cows, as we were passing the farm's house, there was a stone statue of a calf, Buckshot froze and stared at that with grave concerns about it. I did get him to pass it but he was sure there was something very wrong with that stone cow. It's been fairly normal for Buckshot to have to stop several time on a ride to pee. Today he concerned me a little though as he stopped multiple times on the way out and acted like he really needed to pee, but he didn't. He's always peed right away when he's stopped on previous rides. He eventually did pee but acted like he was having a hard time though all else seemed fine. Hummmmm. We had to ride 1/2 mile of paved road to hook onto a trail to head back and while on the road, Buckshot went though the whole "I have to pee" thing again. ???? He never did pee that time and once we were on the trail heading back, he stopped doing it.  hummmmmm again. Not far from Tracy's house there was a house that had balloons tied to the mail box that were waving vigorously in the wind. I was in the lead and Buckshot did not like them at all. He again froze. Tracy rode by on Fanny. She wasn't impressed with them either but knew home was close so went anyway. After she went, Buckshot sidled by sideways. As soon as he passed them he instantly deflated as if they never existed at all. I had expected him to squirt by and then want to rush down the road but not at all. I have been so pleased with how he handles things he's not sure of. No panicking or blowing up. I'm really liking this boy of mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment