Thursday, May 8, 2014

Lorax and Exploring

Today a group of us went riding on the Lorax trails in Pittston. I was going to give Buckshot the day off but my friend Brooke happened to be available to go riding so she rode Buckshot and I rode my mare, Marie. We didn't know if the area on the Lorax trails we usually ride was open yet so we parked on a dead end road where there is a trail that lead into the Lorax trails. We all met at the Exit 46 truck stop in Richmond. There, Amy offered to haul Marie and Buckshot to cut down on the number of trailer we would have to park on the road in Pittston. I had brought boots for both Buckshot and Marie but when we got to Pittston and were tacking up, we found that Buckshot did not have all his boots. RATS. I decided it would be ok to ride him barefoot as the Lorax trails are nice with soft footing overall. 

We had a great ride. All the horses and mr. mulie got along well. We explored some trails we've never been on and eventually came to a boggy spot and had to turn around. But, we rode though some really nice spots on the way. Once back on the main Lorax trails we did a bit of trotting and a short canter. On the trail leading back out to our trailer, I discovered a Renegade hoof boot driven into the mud! Eureka! We retrieved it and it looked new. I hope we can find who it belongs to as they are expensive! If not, it is a size that will fit my horse. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment