Saturday, August 31, 2013

Riding With Madison

It was a hot muggy day today. But, I really wanted to take Madison riding and knew we'd be going slow so it would be ok. Madison went out to the barn with me to help feed. Then, she cleaned the manure out of my horse trailer while I cleaned Marie's stall. I usually clean my trailer as soon as I get home but I'd gotten home so late last night and my interior light's aren't working in the trailer so I left it for today. Madison did a good job and I had her load Marie into the trailer and then I loaded Luke. I took her over to Upper Pond Stables to ride as the trails behind the barn are wide and easy. An easy place to pony Marie as I'm not quite ready to let Madison on her own out on the trail. Luke is so good about ponying Marie. We did a few circuits around the trails and circled the pond. The second time around I walked the horses into the water. Madison and I were excited to spot some fairly large fish in the pond. I don't know what kind they were. When we got back to the barn, I went into the outdoor arena and took the lead line off Marie and had Madison ride on her own following me. She did a great job. It was a fun ride!


Hummm, need to work on that hand position. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment