Friday, October 26, 2012

To West Bowdoin

Today Linda and her cousin Nancy came over and we rode from my house. Nancy rode my horse and we headed out around 10:00 am. It was a lovely day, sunny and cool. We went down Dead River Rd. to the Starbird Corner Rd. Luke was on a mission and was walking out fast enough so the others had to trot to keep up with him. At the end of the dirt section of this road we took a left and rode some trails in there. They are very pretty trails and make a nice little lollipop. We did explore some side trails hoping something might connect though further down Starbird Corner Rd. but all were dead ends. So, we continued down Starbird Corner Rd. to the end and crossed over the Litchfield Rd. and took the trail that comes out at the Wheeler Farm on the West Rd. We took a right on the West Rd. and rode up to the Allen Farm and went back into the trails there. We came back out on the West Rd. by the Jim Rideout Rd. and took that trail back to the Litchfield Rd. Then went left up the Litchfield Rd. and home on the Dead River Rd. It's so nice having equines that can be trusted to ride anywhere either on road or on trail. Marie, Gus and Luke were all very good today.

This evening I picked up a round bale of hay for Luke. I rolled it into a corner of his stall so it would be under cover and I won't have to worry about it going bad out in the weather. Luke thought he had hit the jackpot when he saw that big bale in there. My friend Tracy gave me a Big Bale Buddy hay bag so Fred, Madison and I went to her house to pick it up. When I got home I went out and put the bale into the bad. Luke didn't think there was any need of this as he thought the bale was fine just the way it was. He was a bit worried about the big green wrapper it was in. He didn't mind being in the stall with it as it's a big stall but he wasn't sure he wanted to actually eat from it. I'm pretty sure he'll sort it out pretty quickly. Poor Marie thinks that life is so unfair. She gets 3 lousy flakes and Luke gets 700 lbs all wrapped up in a pretty wrapper.......

No comments:

Post a Comment