Saturday, June 4, 2011

Mom's 80th Birthday Party

Today I had a party at my house for my mom's 80th birthday. It was an absolutely fabulous day. Good thing as there were approximately 40 people at my house and I can not even imagine trying to get them all IN my house had the weather been bad. The party was great and it was so nice seeing some relatives I had not seen in such a long time.

Everyone wanted to see the bowing mule they had heard about. So, Louie put on multiple performances throughout the day. He is SUCH a ham and just loved all the attention. He also showed off his fetching skills and was just generally doing a great PR job for mules the world over. I did get a few such questions as, "What do you do with him?" and, "Can you ride a mule?"

Later in the evening when the party was winding down, I was sitting and talking with my cousin Pat and saying it would be fun if she could come up sometime to ride with me. She lives in CT. We are the same age and grew up near each other. She had a horse and pony and it was her pony that I learned to ride on. We have not ridden together since we were children. My wonderful sisters-in-law heard us talking and both told us to go for a ride and they would keep an eye on the party while we were gone! How lucky am I to have such wonderful sisters-in-law! So, Pat and I saddled up and off we went. Pat rode Marie who was as wonderful as usual. Louie led the was and was great too. We only went for a short ride but we had a wonderful time. Well, I did anyway and Pat said she did too.

No comments:

Post a Comment