Monday, February 14, 2011

Trick Out Your Mule Contest


Today I went to the barn armed with my camera and ..... "stuff" to dress up Louie for the "Trick Out Your Mule" contest being held by the MulesOnly internet group. It is a contest on creative ways to trim a mules mane. Decorations and props allowed. The prize being a bottle of ....something yummy. I bought some fabric ribbon in gold and black and sewed this onto Louie's bridle. I had already cut Louie's mane a few days ago. I did neaten the hair cut up a bit. I then added a feather plume to his bridle and some beads in his mane. Louie didn't seem to mind being dressed up at all. I was hoping someone would be around to help me pose him for pictures. Of course no one was to be seen today. Louie was good about standing for pictures though. The work I've done with ground tying has helped. I had mostly wanted someone to hold his reins and get him to flex at the pole and get him to arch his neck. But, I just did the best I could by myself. Of course as soon as I got my stuff put away Wendy, the barn owner showed up outside. She did give Louie and I some strange looks and said she was sure that Louie was completely embarrassed. Before leaving the barn I did lunge Louie but not for long. He was a bit of a wild man today wanting to buck and play. Pictures will be coming but I can't post them until after the contest.


No comments:

Post a Comment