Monday, February 28, 2011

Moving home, or trying to anyway

It is time to bring Louie home. There was a storm coming today and I had hoped to get Louie home before the driving got too bad. It had already started to snow by the time we got home from work. But, it was snowing lightly. I shoveled the snow out of the back of my truck and headed over to the barn at 7:00. Wendy was not back yet from her weekend vacation. No one was at the barn yet to feed so all the equines got excited when they saw me thinking I might be the one feeding them. I had not moved my trailer since I had trailered Louie over at the end of December. There was a lot of snow around it. I shoveled the snow out but the tires and wheel chocks were frozen in. I dug, chipped and shoveled to no avail. I could not budge the trailer. Between being frozen in and so much ice under the truck it was no use. At about 9:00 am. I gave it up. Louie had been brought up into the barn. I decided to work him since I was there. But, the woman taking care of the barn for Wendy was just starting to feed. So, I turned Louie out loose in the arena. He did roll but then just went to the door wanting his breakfast. So, I put him back in his stall, which he protested even though that is where the food was.

No comments:

Post a Comment