Saturday, October 2, 2010

Riding with my husband



My husband rode with me today!! This is a big deal as he does not like riding and rarely EVER does it. He rode just a little bit when I met him thinking he might like it but quickly decided he didn't. Too bad as he's a natural at it. Since that first year, I think he's only ridden ........ 2 times that I can think of (We've been married 17 years)

He rode my horse today and I was on Louie. Louie took the lead right from the start. He did GREAT today with water. He still doesn't like it but each time we go out it is easier and easier to get him to go. Today all I had to do was just keep a little leg on his side. I didn't even need to bump him. He led through all the water. At one point as we were trucking along down the trail, I hear my horse calling. I look behind me and my husband and horse are no where in sight. Louie didn't react at all other then swivel his ears back to listen. He didn't even slow down. I stopped him as I was not sure why Fred was out of sight. Just a call of nature. Louie stood quietly while we waited and never felt like he was even thinking about turning to go back to my horse.

When we got out on the road that goes by the alpaca farm, Louie didn't hesitate. It was busy through there. We met ATVs, dirt bikes and bicycles. No problem. Going by the farm there was a father and son playing basket ball in the road. Louie wasn't at all concerned about this. Took it all in stride.

It was a wonderful ride. Louie just gets better and better each time we go out in leaps and bounds. And he was pretty good to start with. It was a wonderful ride. I'm starting to think I might be crazy to even consider selling Louie. He is so good on the trail now, he is going to be a super trail mule with some wet saddle blankets!

No comments:

Post a Comment