Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Saddled up Louie

Louie was in desperate need of a haircut and today was a good day to do it. Louie has been getting so bored and when he saw me go into the barn with clippers, he followed me right in. He figures any attention is good attention. He put his head in halter and was very quite and good while I clipped his mane. When I was done with that,I decided to saddle him up and get on him for just a few laps walking around the paddock. Once again he was very good and quiet while I tacked him up. I decided to try my little S hackamore on him today. He fusses with his bit so I thought he might like the hackamore better. He stood like a rock while I mounted. GOOD BOY! He rode great and went very nicely in the hackamore. He was light and responsive. He stopped and backed nicely. I only rode for about 10 minutes then untacked him and turned him loose. He just followed me around and kept putting his head on my chest looking for love and attention. He is SUCH a sweet boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment